“Essence of You” life coaching moves through three stages to help you connect more deeply into yourself and create anew from there. You may find yourself moving across the stages within a session or over a period of time and back again as each new creation and integration cycle completes.
1. Finding the essence of you.
Slowing down, dropping in to the quiet place inside, past the worries and fears, through the loss and heartache, way beyond the busy responsiveness, beyond the roles and entrenched patterns, to the very essence of you. The part that is enduring, has always been, will always be. Noticing the things you lov , do and commit to that are a direct expression of you.
2. Resting in the essence of you.
This is about being and embodying. Removing the pressure for goals and results and performance and meeting the expectations of the world out there and creating space to hang out as you, breathe in life force and let it light the cells within you and the space around you until you feel your whole body and being vibrating as the consciousness you are; nourishing you and influencing others simply through the state of being you bring to each moment and encounter.
3. Creating from the essence of you.
This is about listening in to the clues from your soul-song, following your instincts, acting on your inspiration, allowing momentum to gather. It can meaning a visceral sense of energy building within you that seeks expression or connection in a new way – a new sense of purpose at work, a new project, a desire to drop the role and say no to other and a big yes to yourself.
This stage can get very practical, working with the masculine and feminine aspects of yourself, in balance. Listening to your heart and then setting goals, making plans, taking action. Healing and evolving the aspects of yourself that present along the way whose time has come to be loved away so that you may truly shine and offer more fully, in more times, ways and places the gift to the world that is you.
Sessions may involve:
- Structured processes to clarify your values, life vision, character strengths, personal strengths, essence qualities, sense of life purpose and contribution.
- Dreaming space – what wants to create in your life from the deepest truth of you?
- Learning and trialing new skills and approaches
- Positive psychology practices to energise and support your vision creation
- Debriefing new directions and the feedback you get as you put things into practice, while you continue to find the way that offers most flow, vibrance and shared resonance.
- The opportunity for any personal resistance that emerges to be met with compassion and so offer its gift of wisdom.
- Facilitation of your own unique creative process.
- A skilled and supported play space, outside of your own head, holding ground for your highest sense or vision of your life
I imagine that you want to live your best life – to discover more of the truth, beauty, and power that resides within you, and share it where it matters?
Sometimes this might come easily for you, in a flow, with all the right connections and opportunities. Other times it might feel difficult and you may find yourself expending more and more energy for less and less return and despite all that you know and practice, it’s hard to make a shift.
It could be also that you have a sense of what needs to change but are afraid of the ramifications of that in our life – what else would it shake up, what apparent securities would fall away, what relationships would function differently or fall away?
As a holistic life coach, I work in partnership with you to help you hear yourself very clearly, feel the subtle nuances in your body and being that are calling for attention, seeking to lead you into a way of being that is truer, more alive, more vital.
Often this will correspond with changes you seek to make in the external world – changes in your work, business, relationships, health practices, relationship with nature, your sexual experiencing, your spiritual life.
My role here is to mirror what I see, sense and hear, to support you to expand on the seeds and early threads that emerge, to enrich the picture, to energise it until your vision is vivid and your whole being aligned with it.
After this the sessions may become more practical, looking at how to bring this vision to reality and supporting you as you test and evolve new ideas and make changes in the way you show up in the world.